All About Valves
We’re passionate about quality here at Midwest Valves and Controls, which is why we only work with the world’s leading valve manufacturers. We also understand our customers’ needs, offering expert advice and industry knowledge to help you get the most out of your valves. To learn more about our valves and how to make them last, consider the following.
Tips For Getting More Value Out Of Your Valves
While we work with premium valve manufacturers to ensure our customers are provided with only the highest quality valves, the maintenance measures you take after installation are vital in making the most out of your purchase. See below for some tips on getting more value out of your valves.
According to the experts at Pumps and Systems, you should follow three major rules to increase the lifespan of your valves. They are as follows:
- Tip 1: Always install valves in a nonturbulent flow condition for optimal performance (unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer).
- Tip 2: Select the appropriately sized valve by calculating flow.
- Tip 3: Proper placement is key. Always adhere to your user manual to ensure correct placement of valves.
For further clarification on getting more out of your valves, contact us at Midwest Valves and Controls.
Is My Valve Faulty? Our Guide To Helping You Identify When A Valve Has Gone Bad
Our valves are made to last, but we’d be kidding ourselves if we didn’t admit that sometimes things go wrong. Factors like age, poor installation, and falling behind on general maintenance can affect the performance of your valves. If any of the below symptoms sound ring true for your valves, it might be time to consider a replacement:
- Tapping or clicking. Your valve should make little to no noise. If you hear any tapping, clicking, or other odd noises coming from your valve, it might need replacing.
- Internal leaking. Each valve has an allowable leakage, however, if you discover your valve to be leaking in excess, it might be faulty.
- External leaking. Generally caused by improper maintenance or incorrect media application, external leaks from your valve is a red flag.
- Vibration. Your valves shouldn’t be vibrating. If they are, there is a potential for it to cause damage to other components, and so if vibration is noticed, it should be rectified as soon as possible.
- Component wear and tear. During your regular maintenance, you should be able to notice wear and tear on your valves. Sometimes this happens due to a build-up of debris or simply from age, but it’s essential to inspect them regularly to prevent a domino effect of further issues.
- Becoming stuck. If you find your valve coming to a halt, it is possible that it has gone bad.
A Little Bit About Our Valve Manufacturers
Here at Midwest Valves and Controls, we would never take advantage of our customers. That’s why we’ve vowed to only work with reputable valve manufacturers to ensure that you receive nothing but top quality products designed by the best. We stock valves from the following manufacturers:
- AVFI. Specialists in water management products and solutions, Midwest Valves and Controls are proud to stock a variety of AVFI valves. AVFI has a warehouse and a machining facility operating out of Victoria and is an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems Certified Business.
- Arita. Fully owned by Unimech Group Berhad, Arita has been supplying a variety of industries with high-quality valves since 1995. Here at Midwest Valves and Controls, we have an assortment of Arita valves on offer. Get in touch with us to find out more about how we can help you.
- John Valves. Australian owned and operated, John Valves has successfully been supplying Australia and New Zealand with high-quality, specialist valve designs for over 120 years.
- VAHN-TECH. Based in Ontario, Canada, VAHN-TECH produces quality valves and solutions for industries worldwide. Strong and designed to a high standard, you can find a range of VAHN-TECH valves right here at Midwest Valves and Controls.
- Samsung Precision. Based in Korea, Samsung Precision is a leading valve manufacturer. Specialising in ball valves, Samsung Precision uses the latest technology to produce high-quality products. To find out more about our Samsung Precision valves, get in touch with our knowledgeable staff.
To Purchase Quality Valves From Reputable Suppliers, Contact Midwest Valves And Controls Today
Midwest Valves and Controls has been operating since 2001, and ever since, we’ve been supplying quality equipment to customers across Australia. A qualified Chemical Engineer, our founder, Peter Willis, is an expert when it comes to pumps, valves, and other industrial instruments, working closely with suppliers and valve manufacturers like AVFI and Samsung Precision to ensure our customers get the very best equipment and service, every time they shop with us. So, whether you’re on the hunt for a new centrifugal pump, control valves or any other industrial equipment and parts, you can rest assured that our team at Midwest Valves and Controls have got everything you need. To learn more about our extended range of products or to speak to a valve professional, get in touch with our experienced team today.