There are many ways to control the rate of fluid flow in a pipeline. Midwest Valves & Controls’ engineer will size the control valves for your plant based on the process and environmental conditions for your plant. Information we need is as follows:
Fluid name and properties- is it 2 phase, if corrosive what chemical are we dealing with?
- Inlet pressure
- Outlet pressure
- Flow rate range from minimum to maximum
- Fluid temperature
- Failure action on pneumatic or electric actuators on loss of air or power
- Type of actuator required
- Position transmitters- do they need to be smart?
- Signal to the positioner- 4-20ma or other
This will enable us to obtain the best choice for the situation from a variety of manufacturers.